Natural gas appliances are typically very safe to use. However, a malfunctioning appliance can create carbon monoxide gas which can be deadly.
Carbon monoxide, or CO, is a colorless, odorless gas. Carbon monoxide is produced when natural gas, propane or other fossil fuels fail to burn completely.
Have your natural gas appliances inspected regularly by a licensed contractor to ensure that they are functioning properly, and repair any malfunctioning appliances immediately.
An awareness of what produces carbon monoxide can help protect you and your family or employees and customers. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include dizziness, headaches, queasy stomach and drowsiness. Continued exposure can cause death.
Following natural gas Safety Tips will ensure your home or business is a safe and healthy place.