|If you Smell Gas…|
- Do not attempt to locate gas leaks.
- Do not remain in the building when there is a strong gas odor.
- From a safe distance after you have left the building, call your local natural gas utility to report the leak.
- Be ready to let a gas utility representative into your home or business so he or she can investigate.
- If the smell of natural gas is particularly strong, call 9-1-1.
- Do not do anything that might cause a spark when there is a strong gas odor:
- Do not use telephones – either land lines or cell phones.
- Do not turn any electrical switches, appliances or lights on or off or unplug electrical appliances.
- Do not use elevators.
- Do not position or operate vehicles and power equipment.
- Do not smoke or use lighters, matches or other open flames.