From helping the planet to your wallet, NGVs provide 'big picture' benefits and put superior savings in the front seat.
- Per unit of energy, natural gas contains less carbon than any other fossil fuel
- Natural gas is far cleaner than traditional gasoline or diesel fuel, reducing Carbon Dioxide (CO2) by up to 30% and toxic emissions by up to 90%
- Dedicated NGVs produce little or no evaporative emissions during fueling and use
- NGVs can reduce exhaust emissions of Carbon Monoxide (CO) by 70%, Non-Methane Organic Gas (NMOG) by 87% and Nitrogen Oxides (NOX) by 87%
Did you Know?...
The natural gas-powered Honda Civic GX is recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as the cleanest commercially available, internal-combustion vehicle on earth? Learn more about this globally recognized vehicle.
- Natural gas costs, on average, 1/3 less than conventional gasoline at the pump
Compare the daily average price of gasoline or diesel by state or region or view daily natural gas prices at public fueling stations from here to Europe.
- 97% of the natural gas used in the U.S. is produced in North America (85% from the U.S. and 12% from Canada)
- CNG can quickly help reduce Florida’s $4 billion per month foreign oil bill while reducing America’s dependence on foreign oil
- Every CNG station creates 45 new jobs within a 5-mile radius.
- Every gallon of natural gas used in vehicles is equivalent to one less gallon of petroleum that needs to be imported
- In the event of an accident, traditional gasoline pools on the ground creating a fire hazard
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), on the other hand, simply dissipates into the atmosphere and has a much narrower range of flammability
- NGVs have stronger fuel storage cylinders, which have been proven to withstand the most stringent federal testing
- ‘Sealed fuel systems’ further prevent spills or evaporative losses